colors, meditation, and time travel
what else IS there? (oh also: i'm headlining a livestream standup show soon & i'd love for you to be there, and so there's info about that here, too. so colors, meditation, time travel, & show info)
hello people1 who like reading these words,2
today i’m going to tell you about an online show i’m headlining two weeks from today (june 24),3 but first i’ll share some fun joke-type things that i’m excited to share with you because i like them a lot and i like you a lot.
1) you’ve heard of off-color jokes? well, this one is ON color:
new comedians who are too green
often overcompensate by being more blue
in order to appear less yellow4
2) read this one as slowly as you choose:
i like that my meditation app
allows me to listen at double speed
so i can relax faster5
3) one from the past shared here in the present that you can enjoy into the future:
in my spare time
i've been working on a 4D printer
that prints more spare time6
those are the jokes!
and now, as promised, some information about upcoming shows!
1) at 8:30pm eastern on thursday, june 24, i will be headlining the Nowhere Comedy Club for a show that streams online, which means you can attend, because YOU are online. i’d love to have you there. there may be fewer online shows moving forward, with the return of live shows, so this will be a good one for That reason, as well as This reason: the other comedians scheduled to open the show are all wonderful. they are Baron Vaughn, Liz Glazer, and Lexie Grace. Lexie is a new friend who comes highly recommended. Liz is a dear dear friend who is so, so funny, a friend who i actively friendship with the most these days, since we met about 5 years ago, and as such is Also highly recommended. Baron is one of my oldest best friends in comedy and one of my favorite people to watch do comedy. so, if you’re on the internet, this will be a real fun show to watch. i’m excited for it. tickets available by clicking the link right here. (also you can look at the nice show flyer down below.)
2) at 7:30pm eastern on saturday, july 3, i will be headlining Union Hall in brooklyn. opening that show will ALSO be Liz Glazer, plus the equally delightful, wonderful, and hilarious Nadia Pinder. this show will be the first time i am performing an hour of comedy live in person since before the pandemic, and i will be reincarnating the hour of comedy i was preparing to record then, called “imPERFECT.” so the event is called “perfecting imPERFECT” and if you’re in or near NYC, i’d love to see you there! tickets available by clicking This link right Here.7
3) other shows other times and places can be found on my website by clicking here! (more to come! thanks for being here.)
PS if you’d like to share this message with anyone you think might enjoy it8, please do feel free to forward this email or click this “share” button right below.
as always, you are nice, and thank you again for choosing to be here.
i am grateful to and for you. take care, friends, and hope to see you soon.
and possibly non-people? robots, hello!
and/or people who don’t, yet are doing it anyway? gratitude to all and SPECIAL gratitude to you heroes.
i’m going to tell you about it later. and also i’ve already told you about it. it’s like time travel. and i’m a big fan of time travel. (or maybe it’s that i have an aversion to just staying frozen in one time. that could be it.)
a quick, simple glossary of the terms i’m using:
ready. set. RELAX!
every car should have a spare tire
every time machine should have a spare time
sometimes i use capital letters for Emphasis. RARELY do i do so with Complete ConsistencY.
categories of people who might enjoy include (but are not limited to):
1) people who like jokes or other fun
2) people who are in NYC or on the internet and might enjoy seeing my shows
3) friends you want to share joy with or enemies you want to share joy with
5) thanks for reading all this. i have fun writing it.
6) what happened to this list? seems like it might have turned into something else.
7) oh yes, this list is Something Else.
8) now the thing that it is is a Q&A.
9) Q: is the list almost over?
10) A: for now. thanks and love, all!